Protectors of the Forest

The indigenous tribe of the Ogiek Community is a forgotten tribe in the Mau Forest in the Kenyan Rift Valley. I am setting up a project to teach them how to make films about themselves, their culture, and their fight against eviction from your ancestral land. This blog is about them, and the project

Over the past months, I have been busy working on the feature film and the Kibera Film School with not so much time to work on the Ogiek Project. Initially, my idea was to go spend time in the forest with them and teach them how to make films. More and more, I'm seeing myself not having the time to actually do it myself, and so have come up with the idea of sending a few trainees from the Kibera Film School to go share their knowledge. This can be easily arranged, now all I need is the basic camera kit and sound.

I don't think its wise to let the project pend or even give up on it because i have other commitments. And my commitment right now  is to see the project take flight, whether i am there on the ground or not.

To do this, I have started a fund raising page, looking for $2500 which should be enough to get us a simple HD camera. Please visit the site and donate...


Badges

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...